COVID-19 has devasted the Latino/Latinx communities across the US. In partnership with Proceed, Inc., El Centro, Inc. has joined five other community-based organizations in order to reach communities in California, Florida, Arizona, Kansas, Missouri, Rhode Island, Ilinois, New York City, and Oregon in order to increase the capacity of Latino/Latinx communities to respond to the pandemic.
Project components include:
- Strategically assessing the impact of COVID-19 among Latino/Latinx communities, or segments of the community, disproportionally affected by COVID-19 in key U.S. states.
- Designing culturally, linguistically, and situationally competent bilingual COVID-19 messaging for various segments of the Latino/Latinx population.
- Training & mobilizing teams of Promotoras/Community Health Workers to deliver accurate COVID-19 prevention messages and community mitigation strategies to stay healthy during and after the pandemic.
- Convening a high-functioning Latino/Latinx COVID-19 National Advisory Committee (NAC) comprised of partners, funders, and key community stakeholders across the US.
- Linking communities to local COVID-19 testing, treatment, resources and other health & human services to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on the Latino/Latinx communities in targeted regions.
PODER en SALUD Mission:
We are a group of Latino-identified and/or Latino-serving community-based organizations from across the United States that have come together to address the COVID-19 pandemic through a collective effort to provide accurate, timely, information, education, and resources to our people through trusted local affiliates committed to the health, well-being, and prosperity of Latinos.
The PODER en SALUD Coalition comprises six core partners, 14 affiliate organizations, and a lead organization, PROCEED, Inc., is headquartered in Elizabeth, NJ.