At El Centro, we know it can be difficult to know where to go for your health, especially when you are sick or trying to afford something you need. But did you know El Centro has a program to help with that? Health Navigation is a program designed to help you with getting access to affordable, quality healthcare services for you and your family. We are not a clinic, but have connections to many low cost clinics in the area and can help you find which one will fit your needs. Our staff is bilingual and knows the culture and community. Let us help you along the way to better health!
What we can help you with:
- Finding a clinic or specialty care
- Making arrangements for a surgery
- Understanding your medical bills
- Applying for financial assistance for bills
- Getting basic health information
- Applying for a Patient Assistance Program
- Filling out applications (Medicaid, Medicare, Disability, SNAP, etc.)
- Enrolling in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Finding access for other health needs
We are also a Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet site. Those with short-term, emergency medical needs who are eligible may receive assistance with the following:
- Dental emergencies
- Diabetic supplies
- Durable medical equipment
- Prescriptions -no controlled substances
- Vision care
Who is eligible for Health Navigation?
Most, but not all, Health Navigation services are only offered for low-income, uninsured and underserved individuals and families of Wyandotte and Johnson counties in Kansas. For most services you will need to provide:
- Current photo ID
- Social Security or ITIN card
- Proof of address for past 30 days
- Proof of income for the household
- Prescription or medical order
How can I make an appointment?
Simply call 913-677-0100 and ask for “Health Navigation” and let the operator know which county you live in. There is a Health Navigator at both El Centro’s Kansas City, KS and Olathe offices.