Job Title: Bilingual Intake Specialist of Wyandotte County
Reports To: Health Navigator Manager; Erica Andrade
FLSA Status: Part Time, non-Exempt
Prepared By: Erica Andrade
Prepared Date: June 18, 2018
SUMMARY The Intake Specialist will have limited front line, duties as well as intake duties for the Health Navigation programs. This individual will be the first point of contact to all clients visiting or calling the main office of El Centro, Inc. The intake Specialist needs to have a wide knowledge of services, agencies and general layout of Wyandotte County as well as possessing excellent people skills and communication in both English and Spanish. Work hours will vary but will mostly fall between the hours of Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm with an average of 15-20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement client Intake procedures for Health Navigation Program at El Centro Inc. in Wyandotte County
- Keep and maintain service resource contact information for other agencies and social service providers for residents of Wyandotte County.
- Create appointments for Health Navigators
- Return calls to clients seeking appointments and referral to Health Navigator
- Implement the follow-up component of the Health Navigation Program which includes conduction post service phone surveys at least 4x per year.
- Record and track client and follow-up information in MAACLink Data Base
- Work closely with other staff and Manager from other El Centro Departments.
- Carry out the mission, vision and strategies of El Centro, Inc.
- Other duties essential to role-modeling inherent in the position of a senior manager at El Centro, Inc.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork philosophy and willingness to function as a vital component of an overall team for the benefit of the community is required of everyone at El Centro, Inc.
- Bilingual English/Spanish written, and verbal communication skills commensurate with position are essential.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to identify and respond to the social, economic and cultural experiences
- Ability to tolerate and thrive in sometimes high-stress work environment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School graduate, Associates degree and customer service experience
Driving ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to function in an indoor office environment required. Some driving may be necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send cover letter and resume via mail or email to: Erica Andrade, El Centro, 650 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, Kansas 66101 or email@example.com.
El Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer