Job Title: Receptionist & Bilingual Intake Specialist of Johnson County
Department: Health Navigation
Reports To: Health Navigator; Erica Andrade
FLSA Status: Full Time, non-Exempt
Prepared By: Erica Andrade
Prepared Date: 02/15/2016
The Intake Specialist will have front line duties as well as intake duties for the Health Navigation program. This individual will be the first point of contact to all clients visiting El Centro’s office in Olathe and will answer all calls coming into that office as well. The Intake Specialist needs to have a wide knowledge of services, agencies, and general layout of Johnson County as well as possessing excellent people skills and communication in both English and Spanish. This position is an average of 40 work hours per week that may vary but will mostly fall between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, with some weekend work hours possibly necessary also.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following with other duties possibly assigned)
- Implement the Intake procedures for the Health Navigation Program at El Centro Inc. in Johnson County.
- Keep and maintain service resource contact information for other agencies and social service providers for residents of Johnson County.
- Create appointments for Health Navigator and Emergency Assistance Coordinator in Johnson County.
- Return calls to clients seeking appointments and referrals to Health Navigator.
- Implement the follow-up component of the Health Navigation Program which includes conducting post service phone surveys at least twice a year.
- Record and track client and follow-up information in MAACLink Data Base.
- Work closely with other staff from other El Centro programs.
- Carry out the mission, vision and strategies of El Centro, Inc.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork philosophy and willingness to function as a vital component of an overall team for the benefit of the community is required of everyone at El Centro, Inc.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Computer knowledge.
- Ability to identify and respond to the social, economic, and cultural experiences.
- Ability to tolerate and thrive in a sometimes high-stress work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or higher and customer service experience.
Driving ability preferred. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to function in an indoor office environment required. Some driving may be necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Submit resume to Erica Andrade, Health Navigation Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org