Jobs at El Centro
Job Title: Certified Application Counselor [CAC] for the Health Insurance Marketplace
Department: Family Services
Reports To: Health Navigator; Erica Andrade
FLSA Status: Independent Contractor [Seasonal]
Prepared By: Erica Andrade
Prepared Date: 09/01/2016
This is a contracted seasonal position that will begin October 24, 2016 and will end February 3, 2017. Work hours will be Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm with a salary of $18 per hour. Training will run October 24th – October 31st prior to open enrollment on November 1st. Some weekend hours might be required during special enrollment events. Office will be located at the El Centro office at 650 Minnesota Ave. Kansas City, KS 66101.
Role and Responsibilities:
Certified Application Counselors (CACs) play a key role in helping consumers prepare electronic and paper applications to establish eligibility and enroll in coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace for both English and Spanish consumers. This includes helping consumers find out if they qualify for insurance affordability programs (including a premium tax credit, cost sharing reductions, Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program), and to enroll when eligible.
CACs assist with some outreach and provide education to raise awareness about the Health Insurance Marketplace. Also, when necessary they will refer consumers to ombudsmen and other consumer assistance program.
- Computer literate, able to navigate the internet, with good keyboarding skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to explain basic concepts without recommending specific plans
- Friendly and non-judgmental about consumers and their situations
- Must maintain confidentiality and committed to protecting the consumer’s personal information
- Must successfully complete on-line CAC training (minimum 5 hours)
- Able to conduct outreach activities
- Able to provide face-to-face assistance with on-line and paper applications.
- As a CAC the more one provides assistance, the more knowledge he or she will gain. There are a wide variety of household and income scenarios that make on-the-job learning a big part of the training. For that reason, it would be most helpful if a CAC can set aside at least six hours per week for this work.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
Experience with the application process is preferred but a quick learner or novice to the process will receive full training to complete the requirements for the work.
Send cover letter and resume by September 26, 2016 via mail or email to:
El Centro, Inc.
650 Minnesota Ave.
Kansas City, Kansas 66101
El Centro, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer